Additional Research and Course Projects
- Interactive System (Senior Design) Designed and implemented a system to help last-stage ALS patients communicate, using the Emotiv EPOC EEG system to obtain brain information, the Eye Tribe system to track the user’s eye movements, and an interface to integrate the two devices, enabling users to write on the screen using their eyes.
- Database Design Designed and implemented a PostgreSQL database containing information about the studies conducted in my research lab, including sensor data from fNIRS brain devices, heart rate, eye-tracking, as well as studies and participants metadata.
- Software Engineering Designed and implemented a Java program to input, process and analyze the data stored in the database mentioned above; designed and implemented a comprehensive survey and test taking system adhering to good software engineering principles.
- Operating Systems Modified Linux Kernel 2.2.6 by implementing new system calls, a new process scheduler, and inter-process communication; designed and implemented a virtual memory manager, and a Command Interface; implemented a FAT12 file system in C.
- Computer Vision Performed image manipulation and reconstruction using homography, structure from motion and mosaicing.
- Computer Networks Designed and implemented a network protocol to allow IoT devices to send text messages to phone numbers, taking advantage of different carriers’ email-to-text capabilities; implemented techniques to prevent content theft in a website; performed traffic analysis to detect the use of fast-flux proxies.