Publications & Presentations
Conference Publications (peer-reviewed)
Denisa Qori McDonald, Evangelos Sariyanidi, Casey J. Zampella, Ellis DeJardin, John D. Herrington, Robert T. Schultz, and Birkan Tunç. Predicting Autism from Head Movement Patterns during Naturalistic Social Interactions. International Conference on Medical and Health Informatics (ICMHI 2023). Kyoto, Japan, 2023. Accepted.
- Denisa Qori McDonald, Casey J. Zampella, Evangelos Sariyanidi, Aashvi Manakiwala, Ellis DeJardin, John D. Herrington, Robert T. Schultz, and Birkan Tunç. Head Movement Patterns during Face-to-Face Conversations Vary with Age. International Conference on Multimodal Interaction (ICMI) Companion. Bengaluru, India, 2022. Presented virtually at ICMI Workshop on Bridging Social Sciences and AI for Understanding Child Behavior (WoCBU). (link)
- Denisa Qori McDonald, Shruti Mahajan, Richard James Vallett, Erin Solovey, Genevieve Dion, and Ali Shokoufandeh. Interaction with Touch–Sensitive Knitted Fabrics: User Perceptions and Every-day Use Experiments. ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI). 2022. Presented at CHI 2022. Acceptance rate: 24.6%. (link)
- Denisa Qori McDonald, Richard James Vallett, Erin Solovey, Genevieve Dion, and Ali Shokoufandeh. Knitted Sensors: Designs and Novel Approaches for Real-Time, Real-World Sensing. Proc. of ACM on Interactive, Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Technologies (IMWUT). 2020. Presented at UbiComp 2021. (link)
- Richard James Vallett, Denisa Qori McDonald, Genevieve Dion, Youngmoo Kim, and Ali Shokoufandeh. Toward Accurate Sensing with Knitted Fabric: Applications and Technical Considerations. Proc. of ACM on Human-Computer Interaction. 2019. Best Paper Award, awarded to the the top 1% of submissions. Presented at EICS 2020/2021. (link)
- Joel Chan, Kanya ”Pao” Siangliulue, Denisa Qori, Ruixue Liu, Reza Moradinezhad, Safa Aman, Erin Solovey, Krzysztof Gajos, and Steven Dow. Semantically Far Inspirations Considered Harmful: Accounting for Cognitive States in Collaborative Ideation. Proc. of ACM Creativity and Cognition. Singapore, 2017. Acceptance Rate: 25%. (link)
Workshop Papers (peer-reviewed)
- Shruti Mahajan, Denisa Qori McDonald, Richard James Vallett, Fannie Liu, and Erin Solovey. Exploring Use of AR and Soft Knitted Sensor Technology for Co-located Parent-Child Quality Time. ACM International Conference on Supporting Group Work (GROUP). 2022 (link)
- Denisa Qori McDonald, and Erin Solovey. AgileFood: Facilitating Adaptive Food Donation to Address Hunger & Reduce Waste. Proc. of Designing Sustainable Food Systems Workshop. Denver CO, 2017. Workshop Paper and Presentation. (link)
- Denisa Qori McDonald, Rachel Greenstadt, Girija Kaimal, and Erin T. Solovey. Mental Health Markers in Language and Brain Data: Potential Diagnostic Use and Privacy Concerns. At 2nd Symposia on Computing and Mental Health. Denver CO, 2017. Workshop Paper and Poster Presentation. (link)
Conference Abstracts (peer-reviewed)
- Ellis DeJardin, Denisa Qori McDonald, Casey J. Zampella, Aashvi Manakiwala, Gabirella Buboltz, Kelsey Keen, Maya Khanna, Mohan Kashyap-Pargi, Evangelos Sariyanidi, John D. Herrington, Robert T. Schultz, and Birkan Tunç. Comparing Eye Contact in Autistic and Neurotypical People during Naturalistic Social Conversation. International Society for Autism Research (INSAR). Stockholm, Sweden, 2023. Accepted.
- Denisa Qori McDonald, and Erin T. Solovey. User Identification from fNIRS Brain Data Using Deep Learning. Proc. of Neuroadaptive Technology Conference. Berlin, Germany, 2017. (link)
Books and Book Chapters
- Richard Vallett, Denisa Qori McDonald, Dario Salvucci, Geneviève Dion, and Ali Shokoufandeh. Advanced Manufacturing of Touch–Sensitive Textiles. Smart Manufacturing: Concepts and Methods. (Invited Book Chapter, Peer–Reviewed)
- Denisa Qori McDonald. On the Real-World Interactivity Potential of Minimalistic Knitted Sensors at the Intersection of Artificial Intelligence and User Experience. (Order No. 28963281). Available From Dissertations & Theses @ Drexel University; ProQuest One Academic. (2628161494). (link)
- Denisa Qori McDonald, Richard James Vallett, Lev Saunders, Genevieve Dion, and Ali Shokoufandeh. Recognizing Complex Gestures on Minimalistic Knitted Sensors: Toward Real–World Interactive Systems. (arXiv Manuscript).
- Birkan Tunç, John D. Herrington, Robert T. Schultz, Casey J. Zampella, Evangelos Sariyanidi, Denisa Qori McDonald, Ellis DeJardin, and Benjamin Yerys. Social Communication and Social Motivation. National Institute of Health (NIH). Under Submission. (Grant Proposal)